Tuesday, April 29, 2008

CEDU 531 week four

I was really very impressed with the concept of podcasting in general and specifically with applications to education. For some reason I'm caught up on the personal applications for teachers. I know that's relatively low on the LoTi level but I can't get past it. The idea of recording a lesson and saving that as a podcast has many applications. First any student could gain access to it and use it for catching up when absent, for review, as a study tool before tests. Parents could access it to better help their students with homework. As a side note you I can't help but to reflect on my own teaching whenever I listen to a recording of my instruction. For the students it could replace, in may instances, a written report on nay variety of topics. Secondly it could be used in conjunction to oral reports.

Here's a link to my podcast on the use of podcasts in education.

No comments: