Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cedu 531 Week 5

As I look back and reflect on the information gleened from the class I can't help but to think that this is the wave of the future of teaching. I predict in 20 years the use of these types of projects will be used commonly in most classrooms. The idea is that these products allow students to take ownership of their learning.

That said, the specific project I have in mind that uses digital story telling is an extension of something I do called student of the week. This is a classroom and personal self esteem building activity in which one student has a special week that they are assigned to throughout the year. During that week they present information about themselves to the class. I've always had the template for the presentation on a poster. The poster requires some drawing or photographs of personal things that show information about the student. Why not have this format be a digital tale? Several applications such as photostory, imovie or voicethread could be utilized? The presentation would be far more engaging and much more individualized and could still include traditional presentations when appropriate.

No comments: