Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Blog Post

Top 10 reasons to use technology in my classroom

1. It lends itself well to be utilized in best practice for students
2. It facilitates student/teacher connections by its very nature
3. It eases work of teacher with record keeping, clerical issues
4. It could be integrated flawlessly into project based learning
5. It's relevant in students lives
6. It can, when used properly, lend itself well to higher level thinking skills
7. Many technological tools are dynamic with back-and-forth interaction
8. It allows for cheap, easy, and instant communication between students from different parts of the world
9. It allows for a potentially global audience for student's works and sharing of ideas
10. Since technological progress is inevitable teaching students using current technologies sets them up for success in their future employment.

Ok so they started to become - no particular order

Signing Off - Chris Yoder

1 comment:

Barbara Hanson said...

Chris- I love your top 10 list! There are days when it is easier to follow others and not integrate tech tools into my curriculum. Creating a list of reasons would help to keep my eyes on the prize when I'm feeling a bit lazy. I'm not sure if I want to create a list of reasons or a list of ways. Whichever I choose I'm going to post it right by my workspace at school! Thanks Yoder