Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Computer Architecture Week 4

The questions that were prompts for this week . . . How does this course and its content connect to me? Is it useful information that will help me in the future? If so how?

These are good questions for any course. The answer is that I feel this course actually helps me become a technology leader. Through this course and it's content, I feel more confident about the technical aspects of a computer. It's that relative confidence ( I say relative confidence because there's still more to learn and I'm keenly aware of all that I don't know) that directly translates to building wide technology leadership. When someone in the building comes to me with a technology problem I really think that because of this class I feel just a bit more confident about troubleshooting.

I really liked the Under the hood activity but still was never totally clear on what it was I was seeing and would have liked more information.

I enjoyed the alternative operating systems activity and enjoyed making the live CD.

The component activity took a lot longer than I thought though was very interesting.

Overall a useful class

3 comments:

Tom said...

Chris...I couldn't agree with you more. My confidence level has grown by leaps and bounds. Not only do I feel more confident but I feel a bit more patient. That is something that the end user is not expecting...I think they want us to be as frantic as they are when a problem occurs.

Patty said...

The information in this course has been very useful to me as well, however I wish it would have come sooner in our studies as I could have used all along. This is always good information to have and can aid in the troubleshooting process a great deal.

Beth said...

I too feel I bit more confident in my understanding of this all. I know that you, Tom and Patty are more advance the I, but I do feel that this course work has moved me little closer to being a leader. I know I have a lot to learn. Tom's comment about being patient is a great quality of the IT person. It really makes the end user not feel afraid to ask questions or share they are having a problem. The result of this is more people take what they see as risks to use technology. I do know that we drive our helpdesk person nuts at times, but he always remains calm. :)