Monday, October 29, 2007

Presentation Activity

I investigated all of the presentation products mentioned on the WIKI site. I found that each was valuable and seemed to flow somewhat differently than the others. I suppose, like any piece of technology, the individual may choose a particular product based on any number of personal preferences or intentional or subconscious biases. That said, there was one that seemed to me to be the most user friendly and conducive to making an effective presentation. Google documents.

There are several reasons this seems to be the most effective. One is the fact that it could be worked on and constructed by numerous people simultaneously. Second it could be viewed online during the presentation. Finally the save feature of continual chances to retrieve changes seems extremely user friendly.

The value in fourth grade could most easily be seen in the presentation from my end as a teacher. However, towards the end of the school year and after building their basic computer skills, it would definitely be appropriate to introduce my students to these presentation tools for their own presentations in any subject.

No comments: