Monday, October 29, 2007

Graphics Assignment

I investigated all of the graphics activities and found most , on a personal level, to be very amusing. I did an activity on the Mr. Picasso Head web site. That one and most of the others had applications within the classroom for my students.

The value of several of the websites are potentially great. Several of the sites could be used as graphic organizers in the content areas. Given the correct prompt, the students could use them as journal entries. The Mr. Picasso Head could be used in a lesson or possibly as a performance assessment on symmetrical vs. asymmetrical objects in math. Through the proper manipulation of eyebrows, noses eyes, etc. a student could generate desired asymmetrical vs symmetrical faces.

My first thought of their application and value was not directly related to content but is something that I do in my class. I could use both the Mr. Picasso head and the Jackson Pollock in my classroom since I do an "Artist of the Month." My class investigates the art of one featured artist per month. We do a variety of activities connected with him or her. These two would lend themselves well to activities during that time.


No comments: